01 March 2008

Bush depresses electorate - Part 1 of 97

Apparently at a news conference yesterday, someone mentioned to Bush that analysts predict $4/gallon gas, to which he responded: "Oh, yeah? That's interesting. I hadn't heard that." I'm actually not surprised that Bush was unaware of this, considering he seems unaware of most things; I'm more surprised at our surprise that he's surprised. I for one find this to be a fairly standard Bush reaction, so I'm not sure why people are shocked. If he ever turns around and decides we shouldn't be in Iraq after all, he could probably manage to convince the country he's so out of touch he didn't realize we're still there. I have no trouble picturing Bush saying "What do you mean, pull out of Iraq? I thought we did that months ago!"

I find these quotes more interesting. I've elided the actual name from both of them:
"Bush waded into presidential politics, criticizing the Democratic contenders for their positions on free trade and taking particular aim at ______________ . . ."

"He reserved his harshest comments for ______________'s recent statement . . ."

Now, it's the same name that goes in both blanks, and you can probably guess which one it is. Obama should seriously run an ad where he says "Vote for Obama: I'm the one Bush doesn't like"

EDIT: Jon Stewart made fun of the first thing on the Daily Show:

No comments: